Monday, September 29, 2014

Tourist

Yup...forgot my headgear in the hotel,  had to break down and buy one at a street vendor.   Crazy hot day,  didn't really want to sunburn by head just before getting on a plane.

Walked 7 miles so far today.  Not our longest day, but it not over yet.  Grand Palace and Wat Po were the big destinations.   A Wat is a temple, the wat po is a big temple with this huge Golden reclining Buddha.  I gotta be honest, most of the temple stuff looks like a souvenir shop. It might be my European blood, but I'll take the stained glass in a cathedral any day over gold painted statues.

In the Grand Palace I was required to wear long pants.  Since I hadn't brought any, we bought a pair to throw over my shorts.  The Palace was interesting. ..I couldn't understand the mural depicting their history/legends, but it looked cool. Sat through a short film on silk making.  That was cool.

We took a couple of water taxis to and from our destinations.  I'll throw some photos up on Flickr once we get home.

Tomorrow morning we start the long journey home.  Not looking forward to that.  Although, judging by the way God keeps people in to Rox ' s path I wouldn't be surprised if she's has another long faith discussion with some random stranger.  She says she's not an evangelist,  but whatever she is, she can certainly get people talking about significant things.

No comments: